Wednesday, November 08, 2017

We're the Only Ones Going to the Dogs Enough

A retired St. Louis County Police sergeant who says he shot an aggressive dog in self-defense was charged Tuesday with animal abuse, and doesn't understand why. [More]
Billy's Mom lets him do it.

Despite my reputedly, possibly and maybe owning a gun or two, I've had several occasions of neighborhood dogs wandering into my yard, all wary of encountering a stranger or unfamiliar territory, and in each case managed to earn trust and get them safely home.  I probably need more training, because I'm just not getting these professional outcomes.

[Via bondmen]

1 comment:

millwright said...

Maybe the dog knew something we don't ? Lone dogs on the run generally don't react aggressively - particularly hounds - unless their nose ( or past experience) causes a different response. Dog packs are a different situation as different inherent behaviors are exhibited, but even hunting packs under the control of humans are well-behaved. IOW, I expect we got a dog-hater with an authority complex. Jail might do him some good. Certainly removing his badge will of universal benefit.