Wednesday, August 29, 2018

As Florida Goes

Democrats, meanwhile, rejected the moderate Graham in favor of Gillum, a Bernie Sanders-backed progressive who championed "Medicare-for-all" single-payer health insurance. His win highlights a Democratic Party embracing youth, energy and progressive policy stances. [More]
This will be a great chance to demoralize immature collectivists who believe all they have to do is be indignant and obnoxious about everything and they'll get adoration from the media and everything they demand. That is, provided gun owners do their part.

Republican DeSantis got an "A" from Fairfax, which backed his primary opponent with an "A+." What he got from GOA is unclear, as they have apparently taken down their simple to grok candidate grades and replaced them with a hard-to-follow "gun votes" matrix lumping all states and reps together, so that by the time you scroll down and find DeSantis, you have no idea what the header categories are (or what they really mean). Maybe I missed the grades page, and if I did all I can say is I used to be able to find it with ease under the home page "Resources" tab.

KISS, guys. With the importance of the midterms, this just baffles me. I shouldn't have to use the Wayback Machine to find out that in 2016 you gave the guy an "A." Most gun owners don't even know that resource exists.

There's one other resource for an inextricably entwined issue of vital importance to gun owners -- not that anyone besides me and a few others ever even mention it. DeSantis gets an "A+" from NumbersUSA.  Predictably, the Beltway access über alles boys favored the guy with the mediocre "C+".

UPDATE: Oh no he didn't! Jeez guy, really? Congratulations on cluelessly creating an exploitable meme that's going to follow you around the rest of this campaign and beyond -- and be used to smear your supporters.

3 comments:

Ken Windeler said...

David, I couldn't find the GOA candidate ratings either. As for Fairfax I didn't see where they endorsed anyone in the Gov. Primary, but I agree that with Bondi's endorsement they backed Putnam.

Ron DeSantis is my Congressman so I am already familiar with who is. When he ran for Congress I posted on his web page one question: Do you support the Second Amendment. Ron took the time to call me, yes this guy actually called me to assure me he does, and so far I haven't seen any indication otherwise.

With the Democrat being a minority, I expect that the Left will pull out all of the race cards against DeSantis, but I doubt if there is anything there.

I think that Florida will stay Red, and with all of Rick Scott's baggage, Bill Nelson still needs to be retired.

Anonymous said...

GOA 2016 ratings can be found without the wayback machine in the October 2016 newsletter: https://gunowners.org/images/pdf/GOA-09-NL.pdf

Also, the earliest capture in the wayback machine and the newsletter date were both only a month before election day. It seems that GOA drags their feet in getting the ratings out. Hopefully, they will get them out a little sooner this time around.

Mack said...

So I guess "Monkey Wrench" is out, too?

Don't 'monkey around' with the memes.

And don't be a Dam Buster either.