Thursday, August 30, 2018

Casting the First Stone

Texas GOP shares arrest mug shot to attack Beto O'Rourke for skipping debate with Cruz [More]
My "any chair in a bar fight" philosophy notwithstanding, I think this is a mistake that can backfire big time-- and if it does, the general perception will be one of "Serves 'em right for starting it."

In my younger days, I could have owned either of Beto's incidents and more, but just never got caught. I'd venture not any of us are without sin, bad judgment, immaturity, impulsiveness, stupidity of youth, etc.

This is a battle over the answer to a primal and existential difference that distinguishes competing philosophies. We need to be able to demonstrate superior outcomes for freedom by placing restraints on government instead of on individuals.

That Beto's so close shows that message is not being emphasized.


No comments: