Friday, February 15, 2019

Tolerating Republican Betrayals on Guns Only Encourages More Turncoats

If there’s no cost to pay for betrayal what can’t they get away with, especially with so-called “pragmatic” apologists offering lesser-of-two-evil excuses to rationalize being cuckolds? If that sounds harsh, face it — that's exactly what a gun owner who “forgives” an unrepentant cheater is setting himself up to be. [More]
I note some in comments interpret this to mean I'm saying vote for Democrats. They're either reading-challenged or GOP  über alles Koolaid drinkers deliberately misrepresenting what I wrote.  I'm saying don't vote for gun-grabbers. If that means a "Republican" loses, maybe the party will think better next time. Sorry if that's controversial to some. Not.

3 comments:

Hal said...

Good grief.

I read your piece yesterday; I knew exactly what you meant.

Speaking of betrayal, those RINO conferees on the 1000+ budget boondoggle certainly made matters worse.

Shame on the collaborators.
* https://www.conservativereview.com/news/house-freedom-caucus-tries-buy-time-trump-border-deal-worse-thought/

Anonymous said...

I knew EXActly what you meant.

How is that going to work in 2020? The incumbant has So far betrayed us and we have been taken for granted. Bump stock ban, expanding erpo’s, bill barr.

What will the President do for my vote?

Hint.....nancy threatening emergency declarations to ban guns.......how about an executive order mandating reciprocity? How about withdrawing fed funds from commie states?

I would suggest the president direct the AG to prosecute states and state officials for depriving citizens of rights under color of law but....bill barr......

Unknown said...

Such was my thinking when, after year's long correspondence and getting no satisfactory replies, I informed the Assemblyman of my district that 1) I will not vote for him; 2) I will engage in district-wide efforts opposed to his re-election. This even though he was R and had an A rating from the NRA. He decided to retire instead. I like to think I had a hand in his decision. After all, I regularly kept him informed of how many constituents I had convinced to vote against him.

The commies stole the election anyway so maybe he saw the writing on the wall.

I will not entertain any affinity for any person who has demonstrated through word or deed a desire to infringe in any way on our 2A rights.

Rick