Thursday, September 24, 2020

I Just Don't Get It

 “Violence Has No Home in Portland” – Clown Mayor Ted Wheeler Crawls out from under Rock and Condemns “Alt-Right Groups” Planned Protest in Portland [More]

I guess I'm not seeing the risk/cost/benefit tradeoffs being in the plus column for people who don't live there going to a city that mostly agrees with Wheeler and taking to the streets in a known hostile actual and legal environment. Seems to me trouble can find us easily enough without going looking for it.

What tangible positive benefits am I missing? And what do we really know about the people egging this on?

[Via Michael G]

3 comments:

Henry said...

The first wave is usually cannon fodder. If they volunteer for it, I won't stop them.

GuardDuck said...

I don't live in Portland either. But I do work there. I get it.

DDS said...

There WAS no home for violence in Portland. But there clearly is one now.

I'm reminded of Cesar Milan's comment to "Downtown" Julie Brown:

Well, who's fault did you think it was?"