Friday, October 09, 2020

So How was the Food?

... Yelp will place a new Business Accused of Racist Behavior Alert on their Yelp page ... [More]

Over accusations. What could go wrong?

Great way to cancel someone who hasn't been found guilty of anything other than not taking a knee to communists. Meanwhile, they give race-based preferential competitive advantage treatment to non-whites.

I note their blog does not invite comments. Push back anyway.

I wanted to ask them how come I don't see one identifiably black face among their corporate "leadership."

[Via Michael G]

1 comment:

Henry said...

This is heartbreaking. I use Yelp a lot. I see a lot of reviews posted by deadbeats or others with "attitude" claiming that a business gave the reviewer a hard time because they're racist or sexist. In many cases, I have known the businesses and the people who run them for a long time, and I know personally that nothing could be farther from the truth. I've always expected that customers who see 40 five-star reviews and one guy yelling "racists!" would be able to play Spot The Loonie for themselves... but now Yelp has decided to validate the loonie. I will definitely be communicating with Yelp to point this out and express my disapproval.