Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Robert Kukla, Rest in Peace

Gun Rights Activist & Icon, Robert Kukla, Passes [More]

His book is essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how the (relatively) modern drive to disarm the citizenry evolved. I got my (used) hardcover copy when they were still affordable. It would be nice to see someone with the resources negotiate reprint rights and make it available.

What would be even nicer is if there were enough gun owners interested to make such a venture profitable.

UPDATE: WarOnGuns Correspondent Ron W tells me a few affordable copies are available on AbeBooks.com.

UPDATE: I'm also told by David M. that "There are fair priced copies of Robert Kukla's book over on Alibris."

3 comments:

nevadacarry said...

That is a very good book and preserves the big push that began in the '60s.

I'm working on researching the early gun control laws, mainly the ones to discourage people from carrying guns. Period 1810s-1930s.

Henry said...

It's a wonderful book for anyone who wants to enjoy reading an accessible narrative about the early days of the modern gun-control movement, including the naive concessionist tactics of the NRA, and the same outright mendacity and lies from politicians and media that we see today. It was in this book that I found hard evidence of the newly-crowned NRA president Charlton Heston having been an early proponent of gun control, at a time when the rest of the activist community had either honestly or conveniently forgotten it.

Ken Windeler said...

Many years ago in a different United States, I was going to the Junior college, now referred to as a Community College. I had to do a research paper. the library had two books on gun control; Kukla's, and the other was some Leftists narrative. I based my thesis in Kukla, as well as information in Guns & Ammo. Received an A- "Too much reliance on Kukla"

I could have updated this but somehow I had inadverntly thru it out.