Friday, February 26, 2021

Not Without a Fight

 Ravnsborg does not plan to go down without a fight. “At no time has this issue impeded his ability to do the work of the office,” Mike Deaver, his private spokesman, said in a statement. "Instead, he has handled some of the largest settlements and legislative issues the state has ever been through." [More]

I guess we all react differently. If my negligence caused the death of an innocent person, I would probably be so guilt-ridden and ashamed I would be unable to work, and if I did crawl out of my hole it would be to devote my life to atonement and attempting impossible-to-make restitution. I certainly wouldn't be able to bury myself in taking freedom away from those who committed lesser offenses and then crowing about it.

[Via Michael G]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe I would throw myself from a tall place in such a position.

Mack said...

For background, look here:

https://www.startribune.com/south-dakotas-ag-charged-with-3-misdemeanors-in-fatal-crash/600024594/