Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Americans and Their Firearms

 Americanii și armele lor de foc [More]

Or you could go to the (imperfect but close enough in most parts) Inclusiv translation.

This is the second time I've been interviewed by Răzvan Sibii for the Romanian press. The first was almost 11 years ago when he posted on Mike Vanderboegh and me in Adevărul.

As Mike said:

Some folks have asked why I spend the time with foreign news outlets. Aside from the fact that they tend to a. spell my name right and b. quote me accurately (two things you definitely cannot count on with domestic media), I look upon the fight for liberty as a world-wide struggle. Thus, in the interests of some future "Liberty International" I am always happy to explain the Founders' Republic to foreign press. Our enemies think globally. So should we.

Sibii and I talked about a lot more but not everything can make it into the final cut and I think he did a good job distilling things down to the essentials. There is one thing I regretted not having mentioned during our conversation but will bring up now in response to Zoe Grover's contention that "The state has tanks and bombs, which cannot be bought by the citizen. The citizens would lose that war":

Two words: Nicolae Ceaușescu.

2 comments:

Mack said...

I really wish Mike could get respect - and tolerance - from the ADL but I guess that would be expecting too much.

David Codrea said...

The only way to get tolerance and respect from subversive domestic enemies is to be a subversive domestic enemy. And even then it's only for as long as they find you useful, because ultimately, there can be only one.