Friday, March 19, 2021

Round Figures

 

["Guido Sarducci"/Used with Permission]

This was taken at the Scottsdale Gun Club yesterday and it beats prices I've seen at lots of places, providing they even have stock. 

There are all kinds of reasons, from the Biden surge, to new buyers, to Covid-related staffing shortages. I also wonder how much of it can be attributed to government contracts getting first dibs. I don't see things getting better and won't be surprised to see them get a lot worse

Far from being about "commonsense gun safety," this situation, combined with a slew of new infringements waiting in the wings, will make comprehensive training and practice prohibitively expensive, endangering all. Figures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were a government puke with disdain for citizens with personal arms, and if I had purchasing authority, I would order 2 billion or so rounds of various calibers on blanket POs, with a clause requiring prompt 'shipment on notice of release within x days'.

No scheduled shipments dear ammo maker, but you damn well need to ship on my release order without delay. Hold the stock at your cost, ship on my order, or contract cancelled with penalties to you.

Capeesh ?

Elmo said...

The last time I saw Midway advertise 9mm it was IMI brand and the price was $1200 for 1000 rounds. That was about a month ago.