Wednesday, May 26, 2021

What So Proudly Angrily We Hailed Denounced

"I also think it’s important that we talk about the American flag, which is a symbol of lots of hate as well, and I’ve really been appreciative of Black Lives Matter members who’ve said, yes the Confederate Flag is a terrible symbol of a particular historical moment, but the American flag is also a terrible symbol of our particular moment ... I appreciate the Confederate flag burning, I think it’s a power symbol, and it’s really amazing to be alive watching people burn it down, and I want to question, too, are we saying then that the American flag is a symbol that we are standing by? It’s not a symbol I stand by.” [More]

So I guess the Marxist won't be flying one at any of her "high-end homes"...

I'm certainly glad to have our government continuously remind us that people like me are what is wrong with this country.

[Via Mack H]

1 comment:

Mack said...

I think this shows the fallacy of appeasement.

As my brother David repeatedly reminds me, Dylan Roof said he wanted to start a race war.

David and I both knew the malice wouldn't stop with the Confederate Battle Flag but would eventually extend to everything else American, including the American Flag.

And remember, Flag Day, June 14, is fast approaching.