Friday, July 16, 2021

Field Report

 This just in from a WarOnGuns Correspondent:

I am in California for work.  When and while I am here I am on a relatively remote ranch but within the sphere of influence of the Bay Area. I keep a radio/police scanner on 24/7 to listen for fire and area Emergencies or information. My scanner particularly targets Contra Costa, Alameda, and Solano counties.

It has been a trend over the last year and has now become common that the subject and or address of EVERY CALL is run for past history and weapons. I hear over the radio every day “Negative for weapons” or “positive for firearms” and have even heard the presumed number of weapons owned. 

This is deeply concerning both from the standpoint of police showing up armed and primed for confrontation but also from the standpoint of the ca database that all compliant subjects are supposed to use being used in real-time as a tool against them.

ALSO ... on a tangential note ... I don’t think people understand how closely they are tracked by their devices. I often hear of hang-up calls and dispatch telling responders that the caller was “within 30’ of x”

This level of monitoring is concerning. FYI.

 Yep. FYI.

No comments: