Tuesday, August 03, 2021

How About the Price of a Damn Ticket?

The Price of Freedom is now out in US cinemas with a UK date to be announced [More]

Help me find where? My editor at Firearms News asked me to review it.

I've been to their site and when I try to find it from their links, it's only listed in four states and it's no longer playing in any of the theaters listed. Theater dates appear to have been limited to a few days in June. 

I even sent them this via Facebook Message:


That was over three weeks ago and ...crickets.

I guess limiting who can see it to friendly venues and clued-in "critics" assures nothing but a Rotten Tomatoes top grade and DSM praise, which if you think about it, points to nothing so much as dishonesty and manipulation (surprise).

I've got one shot left, an email to their publicist, and then I have to go back to my editor, report failure, and ask him if he wants me to flesh out my adventures trying to see this.

[Via bondmen]

3 comments:

Roger J said...

Maybe the response to their movie was so dismal, they are just going to move it to on-demand streaming services. Remember Hillary's socialized medicine bus tour in 1993? At the end, it was such an embarrassment (to the Clintons) that even the alphabet networks stopped covering it.

Anonymous said...

https://www.thepriceoffreedommovie.com/#FindaLocationNearYou
According to this, there are 6 cinemas in 4 states where you can watch it:

Arizona
Chandler
Harkins Theatres Chandler Fashion 20

Flagstaff
Harkins Theatres Flagstaff 16

Mesa
Harkins Theatres Superstition Springs 25

California
Pasadena
Laemmle's Playhouse 7

New York
New York City
IFC Center

Pennsylvania
Philadelphia
PFS Bourse Theater

David Codrea said...

Like I wrote, "it's only listed in four states and it's no longer playing in any of the theaters listed."