Thursday, September 30, 2021

Begging for Mercy -- Or at Least Understanding

I currently have dozens of email tips in a larger queue that go to videos. It would literally take me over two hours to watch just what's in the lineup now, and I do need to watch them  -- to make sure they're not duplicating something I've already covered, to see if I agree with the presenter's conclusions, to see if I can find a more informative and authoritative source, and just to understand what I'm being asked to pass along to others. That's time I just don't have. It's afternoon already and I'm still just getting to opening stuff that came in yesterday.

Add to that, as long as I'm venting, many of them take forever to get to the point, plus I'm a big believer in driving traffic to the original source when I can, as opposed to someone riffing off of someone else's work. And the sad reality is, not all of us have effective telepresence. Sorry, but I don't do videos for a reason.

Links to tangentially relevant stories I can handle. Most of those I can absorb, process, and react to in the time it takes me to watch a video.

Please understand if I can't get to something you sent me. It doesn't mean I'm an unappreciative bastard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Family first.

Your sanity second.

Your blogging activities if and when the first two allow.

And never, ever, apologize to us or anyone else for living your life the way you see fit to live it.

Thanks for what you do, when you have time to spare for us.

Henry said...

Most of the people who make podcasts instead of blogs like their own voice too much; and they never get to the point until you've been there long enough to see all their monetization ads. I don't watch them. I can read an article in seconds, I'm not going to waste 15 minutes to get the same information at an enforced crawl.