Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Trust But Verify?

 The Red Flag inclusion was a staff error. Both sides agree it’s coming out. Drafting women is a terrible idea & is coming out too. TONS of good in this bill to win great power competition & end forever wars - good #AmericaFirst policy. Final bill won’t have these poison pills. [More]

Why didn't you insist they be removed before the vote? I'd also like to see documentation via email, memo, public comment, or whatever that you guys had discussed and agreed that they wouldn't be part of the final deal.

I'll believe it when I see it. And you'll have to convince Fletcher.

[Via  An Hour of Wolves]

4 comments:

Mack said...

"I'll believe it when I see it."

I think you speak for all of us.

Anonymous said...

Gaetz says the NDAA will 'win great power competition', and 'end forever wars' ? Never knew that an appropriation was a statement of strategy and tactics, my education is sorely lacking.

I do not believe that inclusion of red flag and women's draft was accidental even though I may have been born at night.

It is an absolutely fair and proper question as to why these weaseling toads did not demand, loud and hard, that these things be taken out before the vote.

Methinks Gaetz and probably some others are doing a little diversionary tap dance.

What say you Mr.Crenshaw ?

Anonymous said...

Who's staff erred and what corrective action will be taken?

You guys know the one that goes:

"How many "Attaboys" are wiped out by one "Ah shit"?

"All of them!"

Henry said...

Some Republican Reps (like Gosar) saw the poison pills clear as day before they voted NO just to oppose them.
Why didn't the "popular girls" do their homework? (But that question answers itself.)