Thursday, October 28, 2021

Trying to Re-up to No Avail

Received via email from WarOnGuns Correspondent Jess:
On the 25th, this month, I renewed my NRA Instructors creds, for 2 years. While I was on the site, I tried to make an address and telephone number change. When I got to that page, I couldn't get the cursor to come up in any of the spaces I wanted to change. It was like the page was "dead". Also, when I pulled up the image of my "new" creds, it had the same expiration date of my current creds, 10/30/2021. I tried doing this on two different days; same result. I also tried calling the 703-267-1500 number for that division, but got the same recording both times I called. I left a detailed message, as to the problems, both times I called. Basically said "There's no one here to take your call", and to leave a message and your number and your call will be returned. No one has called. So......is there anybody still working at NRA HQ, or have they all jumped the sinking ship in light of all their legal woes?
If you have insights into this, please share them in "Comments."

3 comments:

C D Tavares said...

On September 13, I received an email saying that access to the instructor forum (NRA Training Forum) had changed and that I had to login to re-establish my credentials. I did so, and immediately received email from the training program coordinator about a technical issue with my registration. So there is somebody there. I suggest Jess write directly to Christian Vera at cvara@nrahq.org.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the payment transaction for your renewal went thru flawlessly though.

Malachias said...

I have been trying for several weeks now to access the website. I keep getting a "connection has timed out" error. Email to Christian Vera at cvara@nrahq.org was undelivered as of yesterday morning due to a "temporary problem".

Meanwhile, the email that NRA sent to me to renew my credentials cheerfully states that if I let my qualifications lapse for too long, I will have to retake the qualifying classes.

It's too soon to say if "that's the point" of the exercise, but I am starting to lose faith in the NRA to follow up on their obligations to the membership.