Tuesday, January 04, 2022

ATF Rings in the New


New ATF requirements:

  • ATF Publishes Final Rule on Secure Storage Devices and Antique Firearms
  • ATF Posts Revised Quick Reference and Best Practices Guide for Federal Firearms Licensees
Reeves & Dola, LLP has great depth of knowledge and experience, and if I were an FFL I'd have them bookmarked. Here's their Alerts archive page going back to 2011.

---

In re the "Best Practices Guide," I confess that a requirement for FFLs to offer "lock up your safety" devices for retail sale was not on my radar and I don't recall seeing anything recent from NRA and GOA, so if they did send out their own member alerts I missed them.

Here is Merrick Garland's diktat and here is the rule. I note it was proposed years ago and only garnered four comments, which were dismissed. I expect some of you are up to speed on this, so any insights would be appreciated in "comments," below.

No comments: