Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Survey SAYS

 POLL: PUBLIC WANTS ENFORCEMENT OF CURRENT GUN LAWS, NOT NEW ONES [More]

Yeah! Enforce existing Intolerable Acts!

And the public has knowledge of those laws sufficient to offer an informed opinion...?

Stipulated, it's objectively "better" when more people say they don't want new laws, but that's not stated nor even implied. Nor are reasons why doing so is a bad idea.

I'm continually disappointed by comments advocating enforcing current laws that I see on gun websites, where you'd think the readership would know better. 

I wonder why they don't...

2 comments:

Wayne Wilson said...

Start with hunter giving false statements on ATF form . Crickets!

Anonymous said...

I'd start out with seeing which of the many (20,000?) infringements pass the "strict scrutiny" test.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strict_scrutiny

My guess would be not many.

But like the often misquoted "FALSELY shouting fire in a crowded theater", there may be a few infringements that might be worth keeping.

But if/when they're ready to have that discussion, the Left had better bring their "A" game and be ready to leave their bullshit at the door.

IOW, "I want my damn cake back."

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2013/11/08/cake-and-compromise-illustrated-guide-to-gun-control/