Monday, March 07, 2022

A Conspicuous Absence

WarOnGuns Correspondent Jess got a donation solicitation email from Hung Cao, one of 10 Republicans running to represent Virginia's 10th Congressional District, and asks:

David,   Got a read, vis-a-vis 2A, on this guy?

Without digging any deeper, I note he doesn't consider it an important enough issue to mention it in his website's "Policies" section aside from the briefest of mentions about guns. His version of "the security of a free State" appears to be "Back the Blue" and the standing army, and if he brings RKBA up now, it will be a tactical afterthought.

I can't tell you about the others because I haven't had time to look. I may not do that because the incumbent is a doctrinaire gun-grabber Democrat who won last time by a landslide (56%-43%). We know from the Youngkin campaign that Republican "strategists" view bringing 2A up to the electorate as toxic, so I'm not sure putting more time into this is worth my while. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The folks in VA need to do their own homework on this.

Can't keep eyes on every one of these wannabees, everywhere.

I've gotten an email appeal from this guy, am not in VA, and do not contri to any out of my bailiwick.