Monday, April 23, 2007

Meanwhile, Back in Romania...

I was just interviewed by Adevărul, a national Romanian newspaper (I guess they noticed my Romanian last name in the NYT article?). They wanted my perspective on the post-Virginia Tech gun debate for their readers. The reporters' deadline is Wednesday, so I ought to have something to link to later this week, along with a Google Translator page.

"Adevărul" means "the truth," so let's all have high hopes and higher expectations, the paper's history notwithstanding.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rumanians have extensive experience with the consequences of a dearth of arms among the populace. We may be pleasantly surprised at their outlook. We can hope they have learned the lessons we should have.

I guess we'll see.

Anonymous said...

A technical question: How did you generate the lowercase a with the curve over it (ogonek?)?

Mark Odell

David Codrea said...

It's very scientific and technical, Mark--I copied and pasted the word "Adevărul" from Wikipedia :)

I've done that with umlauts, too!

See? ö

And don't even get me started on tildes and accent marks...

Marvel at my prowess!

Anonymous said...

Okay, well, that's what I get for relying on what Notepad shows me [Adeva(rul] instead of pasting it directly into Blogger's comment field and hitting Preview. My bad.

> Meanwhile, Back in Romania...

Is that a movie quote I missed?

> "Adevărul" means "the truth,"

But isn't that what the "authorized journalists" always say?

Mark Odell