Friday, December 14, 2007

John Kerry's Friend

John Kerry, who has an F rating from the NRA and an F rating from GOA, is urging Idaho Senators to drop their hold on his friend Michael Sullivan's confirmation as director of the ATF.
So Kerry's for him, as is Ted Kennedy and Mr. Vote Freedom First himself--you know, the guy gun owners put over the top in the last two elections.

If "Maximum Mike" is confirmed, expect more of the same abuse.

This is bigger than who heads BATFU. The message to Republicans needs to be loud and clear. The GOP keep expecting us to put up with their betrayals, and they're offering us front runners with a history of doing just that. If they want to lose really big in '08, just keep it up.

In the mean time, as a token gesture of gratitude for past support and good will for the future, we need to make it known we expect them to oppose this nomination.

Of course, if it's just a few of us saying this, it will amount to nothing. You have written your senators, right? (I eagerly await the first late-comer to give the "but they're Democrats" excuse...click this link to see how to address that)

And by the way--how come our self-proclaimed leaders from Fairfax are nowhere near the fray, and purposefully quiet about the whole thing?

4 comments:

Kevin said...

I wrote to my two senators from Texas asking them to support the hold on Michael Sullivan.

I agree that NRA should get on top of this.

chris horton said...

I Have written SEVERAL letters to Casey and Specter in Pa on the nomination,as you have seen David.I've now Hand-written them,hoping for more than a "computer response." I will not stop.

SamenoKami said...

I haven't heard from my GA. senators except the usual bulk response. I think I'll be more direct and tell them these two idiots (Kerry and Kennedy) are reason enough to vote NO.

Anonymous said...

Just faxed my congresscritters here in MT again. You do all of us a great service of keeping the issues in the forefront. It only takes a couple minutes to find something (like the JPFO) letter to plaguerize and wordsmith into a personal letter to our Senators. Then, if you've an onboard fax program, to 'dish out' the electrons.