Tuesday, January 22, 2008

About Last Night...

Anybody catch the pander-fest?

First of all, can you imagine if someone proposed a Congressional White Caucus?

The way all three of these creatures tried to out-self-abase each other was nothing short of disgusting, not to mention frightening. Nothing like stoking the fires of resentment, hostility and entitlement to further divide the Republic...I mean, democracy.

Barack making repeated references to Edwards being a white man, and telling us he hasn't seen Bill Clinton dance so he can't say if he's a brother, made me wonder exactly why Jimmy the Greek's career was ruined.

I find it more than curious how not only the left, but especially the false right, is trying to paint Ron Paul as a racist, with this blatant hypocrisy shoved right in everybody's faces by CNN, with none of the usual suspects saying a word.

Forgive me if I just don't get it. I come from the school that says if you treat me like a human being, I'll treat you like a human being.

Everything else is just ignorance, propagated by those who don't know any better, or in the case of some who stand to gain power, those who do, and are counting on the fallout.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

I just couldn't. Every time I heard Hillary start to screech, I had to cover my ears. I just couldn't watch it. Even this morning, as I was listening to the news on the radio, her shrieking got to me so bad, I switched to my iPod and Michael York's superb reading of Aldoux Huxley's "Brave New World."

Kent McManigal said...

Racism has become the accepted norm in politics... as long as you are politically correctly racist. I blogged along those lines today: "Political Change"

Anonymous said...

Ron Paul supporters put up ~$2 million yesterday on MLK day. No pandering, no racism, just honoring someone who supported liberty.