Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Kind of Protest

About 100 supporters of the measure lay on the Capitol lawn to honor the victims of gun violence, as about 200 opponents stood nearby, holding signs that read, "Here Lie Disarmed Victims."
Any time the antis want to stage an event where we get two times the representation is fine in my book.

Don't you just love the absolute separation from reality by Colin Goddard? He experienced utter helplessness, useless to himself and all others, and saw first-hand what placing "full trust" in the police got him. What kind of "man" would actually prefer to be a pathetic victim?

I just can't muster any sympathy for volunteers.

[Via SameNoKami]

UPDATE: Nicki weighs in, and as usual, she's a lot nicer, more diplomatic and genteel than crude old me, as she rips what's left of this gentle little boy's guts out and smears them all over the walls. But she does it real nice and lady-like, with extended pinkies.

7 comments:

Nicki said...

David, I swear, we must share a brain! I just finished almost exactly the same blog entry - albeit more long-winded and vicious.

Sean said...

When I trained soldiers, I would run into Colinx50 every training cycle. It becomes reality when you see it that many times. A lot of men simply have no guts. They really would rather die. Suprisingly, for me, fewer women I trained were like that. I was told by an officer it is the result of millenium of women being protective and millenium of men not having to be warriors. Not neccessarily role reversal, but nature taking a hand and assuring the survival of the species, one way or another. Besides, the animating contest of freedom takes EFFORT. A lot of men are just lazy.

MadRocketScientist said...

I don't have a problem with this kid wanting to be a victim. I do have a problem with him deciding I need to be one as well. I mean, it's not like I am asking him to carry a gun.

Nicki said...

David, I'll blame my usual tactfulness and gentility on PMS. It's my concentrated effort at political correctness and the perpetuation of the victim mentality. After all, I have to blame something!

he he

Nicki

Anonymous said...

Sean,
Here in the Western world it is more likely a result of WWI, and to a lesser degree WWII. When you run your more aggressive, warrior types through meat grinders like the western front in WWI and the assault on Normandy in WWII and end up with hamburger, is it any wonder that follow on generations have a lower percentage of such types?

SamenoKami said...

I hope Colin only dates other 'men' like himself - no gonads. No self respecting woman I know would be caught dead (no pun intended) with a 'man' that won't even stand up for himself. He's a liar and a fraud. In another similar situation he knows he would want someone, anyone, with a gun to protect him. No one is that self-loathing in real life.

Clint said...

I think the 2 to 1 estimate is very generous for the anti-rights side. I am not skilled in crowd estimation but I believe there were at least 300 of us out there at the protest compared to 6-7 dozen of the anti's. VCDL has estimated total attendance of pro-rights supporters at 400 but they admitted yesterday they had no way of keeping count.

It was beautiful, David! Orange "Guns Save Lives" stickers were present in large numbers throughout the entire General Assembly building. The metal detectors were ringing constantly as we are allowed to carry in the building with a CCH permit.

Total success for our side, IMHO. The media may be misrepresenting our showing, but the legislators felt our presence.

By the way, Curt did a fine write up on his observations from the front line.