Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Plethora of Only Ones

A lot of you have sent me "Only Ones" stories today--I had a morning business meeting and am just pressed for time to get everything done, so I'm consolidating these into one post.

We're the Only Ones Fast and Furious Enough

Deputy gets speeding ticket: 96 in a 45
Yeah, I'm sure you and I would just get cited. I doubt they'd arrest us for fleeing or impound the car for no proof of isurance just because we're not "Only Ones"...

[Via Void Where Prohibited]

We're the Only Ones Forging Ahead Enough
A former southern Indiana sheriff accused of forging other officers' signatures and improperly keeping weapons turned over to his department faces three to 11 years in prison.
Sorry...I got distracted reading about the "matronly" daughter-in-law...

[Via MRJ]

We're the Only Ones Secretly Misconducting Ourselves Enough
A new bill proposed at the legislature would allow for police to withhold misconduct reports from the public. Supporters of the bill believe that police misconduct should be kept secret from the public so to not discredit police testimony. Others say that a forthright police unit is essential to the community.
Yeah, letting roaches hide in the dark is always a surefire way to rid yourself of them.

Chris Buttars. "That's me!"

[Via DONE! SEO]

We're the Only Ones Secretly Misconducting Ourselves Enough-Part Two
After Castillo refused to cough up the price of two movie tickets, Curtis flashed his badge and placed him under arrest.
Practical examples of what Buttars will allow to spread. (Sorry.)

[Via Ron W]

Officer Accidentally Shoots, Kills Son
Authorities said an auxiliary police officer accidentally shot and killed his son as the two were examining a sniper rifle at their central Ohio home.
I didn't want to give this a standard "Only Ones" title because some things you need to treat with a bit more empathy--I cannot imagine this man's guilt and agony.

That said, it does put to the lie that police are "The Only Ones" who can be trusted with firearms. I've examined rifles plenty of times with my sons, and never came close to such an act of negligence.

I also haven't missed how the "Authorized Journalists" refer to it as a "sniper rifle," and any anti-EBR "sportsmen" out there should take note.

[Via Breda]

1 comment:

me said...

aren't the vast majority of sniper rifles used bolt action, based on rem 700s? Last time I checked you could open the bolt and check the chamber. Usually something done when examining a gun...one of those rules...the rules he seems to have totally ignored. Every one of them.

Charges SHOULD be filed, it's NOT an accident when you violate the most "common sense gun control"