Friday, January 16, 2009

You May Rest Assured

Brian McGraw shares the following:

[Click to enlarge]


Most of us have received similar noncommittal weasel words from our senaturds, including those we're constantly told are "staunch supporters of the Second Amendment" in the donation request du jour.

They know they can ignore us because they've reportedly been given a pass that it's OK:
The NRA will send out a letter in opposition to Holder, but will neither testify against Holder nor score legislators based on their votes for or against Holder.
"You may rest assured." Right. Some of us could be resting in peace.

Remember that if our Lairdless effort is repelled, and Holder rolls up his sleeves and gets to work.

5 comments:

idahobob said...

senaturds....I really like that phrase.
I wrote to the two senaturds that "represent" the state I live in, in December, immediately after the choice for Holder was announced.
To date...no response from either one.
Will probably receive (if at all) the standard, generic BS form letter.

Bob
III

Anonymous said...

I didn't ask for replies from my Senators or the JC. I just made my opinion known, while asking for opposition.

Jeff Sessions is the type that will fight when he knows he has strong public sentiment in his corner. I'd be really surprised if he was one of the two super-majority votes needed to break a hold--assuming that happens.

What is it with Holder? It's like the entire Senate is afraid of this guy. Why? The only reason offered for confirming Holder is that he has experience. And? So do a bunch of people at the DOJ. How about some of the people Gonzales axed?

Why can't Eric Holder, Jr. be recognized as brilliant and experienced, but also the wrong guy for the job?

jon said...

i sent this letter to siskel (D-MA) and ebert (D-MA).

i don't expect a response, so much as a mass. state police surveillance unit. but, kennedy always seems to have something dismissive and holier-than-thou to respond with. we shall see.

Anonymous said...

I got no answers to mine either.

This rest assured shit is getting old. I don't want these bastards to "keep my thoughts in mind" I want them to do the right thing.

Rest assured they will not like my next letter.

Ken said...

Sessions was one of the senators I faxed, along with Kyl, Coburn, Brownback, and Cornyn (plus Voinovich, and I e-mailed Sherrod Brown).