Thursday, November 17, 2005

Gun's Role Made Story Much Uglier

When David Ludwig went to speak with the Bordens Sunday morning, he carried a gun. He brought it from home.

In Lancaster County, as in much of the midstate, a kid's as likely to find a gun as a quart of milk.

To me, that's the problem.

Well, we all knew this was bound to happen. It was the gun's fault. And not just one gun--there were 54 of them!

When it comes to being an authority on what's "uglier," I guess I'm just gonna have to defer to Nancy Eshelman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So police removed the guns... Since he was 18 I wonder just how many of those belonged to the killer. I would think that most of them probably belonged to his parents. Will the police be returning them after basically stealing them from their house? I wonder...

Or, when a crime is committed by any member of your household with 1 gun, does that mean that the police are authorized to take all of the guns from EVERY member of your household, even those who have committed no crime?

I always wonder about that when I read these stories where they say "Police found XX guns at this house, and have removed them all".

Anonymous said...

Something more... I love the way the media is portraying this:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-11-17-teen-guns_x.htm

Notice the mention that they weren't licensed dealers or collectors? SO FREAKING WHAT!!! You don't have to be to own a collection.

Oh well, just throught I'd share this.