Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Promises, Promises...

In the end, "both men have our interests or agendas at heart," stated Bruce Knodel, a federation member who served as program moderator. Whoever wins the right to occupy the governor's office, he added, "sportsmen ... of the state of Ohio have scored a victory."
Yeah, right.

Gamebird hunting and sporting clays. And if growing up near where Roy Rogers did doesn't prove having voter interests at heart, I don't know what does.

Somehow, whenever I hear gun rights equated with "sporting purposes," my flesh crawls a little.

I know GOA supports Blackwell, and I tend to give their opinion weight when formulating my own, but I'm still waiting for candidates for a major public office to fill out a little questionnaire I developed some years ago...

2 comments:

M1Thumb said...

My skin crawls too. Probably because I don't own an over/under, nor is my idea of a good time hunting grouse and quail once a year in a bright orange vest. I'd feel more at home dumping a Beta-C on full auto into the door of a junked-out car. Now that's a sporting purpose...

Of course, that would probably make their skin start to crawl.

Anonymous said...

I don't like the sporting purposes definition either. They can then say this gun or that gun has no sporting purpose. They can also find ways to eliminate whatever sport we use what guns we have left, and then say "There's no more sporting purpose. Turn it in."

Henry "Nostrilitus" Waxman actually let the cat out of the bag as to the real reason that politicians fear our guns. He said, "The fact that some people would use these guns to fight for their rights, makes me very nervous." He was talking about .50 BMG rifles, but that can be applied to ALL our guns.