Tuesday, January 09, 2007

KnifeRights.Org

Doug Ritter announces that the United States Knife & Tool Association has evolved into Knife Rights.

I like the fact they refer to "rights." I understand the strategy of referring to knives as "tools," which they can be, but they are also arms, and long overdue for Second Amendment protection.
Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.--Tenche Coxe
I hope I see a position issued from this new group that they believe the keeping and bearing of knives is a right guaranteed by the Second Amendment, and that their strategy will include challenges to infringements on those grounds.

No comments: