Saturday, March 17, 2007

We're the Only...What Was That Address Again...?

[Use BugMeNot to bypass site registration]
Four days after more than a dozen heavily armed police officers raided her Elgin home, Betty Granger got the news she was waiting for early Thursday: The city would repair the damage—pronto.
The Granger's are damned lucky the damage can be repaired. I couldn't help but focus on Betty's statement:
"I asked the officers why they did this, and they said they got a tip that there were guns in the house," said Betty Granger, 60. "I told them that if they had just asked us, if they had just knocked on the door and asked, I would have let them search the house."

Without a warrant, Betty?

And like "The Only Ones" need to ask.

[Via HZ]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't you just see someone walking out of the bedroom or kitchen with a black cell phone dialing 911 to report a break-in and being shot dead 28 times and the cops being excused because their jobs are dangerous and they "want to go home at the end of the day"?

Hell yes, their jobs are dangerous when they do stupid shit like this. If I didn't already own a gun, I would buy one and hunt as many of these he-men as I could to make sure they didn't go home again. Fuck them and the horses they rode in on and all their goddamned kinfolks.

As far as I know Elgin is not in Chicago proper and they do not have a prohibition against firearms. Somebody let us know it that is correct, please.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

As far as I know Elgin is not in Chicago proper and they do not have a prohibition against firearms.

According to this, Elgin places no restrictions on adult possession of firearms beyond the already draconian laws that apply to the entire state, so I don't see how a tip about "guns in the house" could justify sending in the storm troopers.

Yuri Orlov said...

My GOD! That couple is calm about the whole thing. I don't think I would be as willing to let the whole thing go. Heaven forbid one of them had tried to defend himself before finding out it was the police. Someone could be dead here because of the incompetence of the police department!

E. David Quammen said...

I'd like to see them get past my fence. And then the dogs. And then.....

Obviously a pure 'power' trip by the supposed 'authorities'. Why can't they just treat people like fellow citizens? And, perhaps take a little time and do some actual factual research. Before running in like the goon squad.

Look at what our SERVANTS have become! Is there any difference, really. Between them and the communists or nazi's? I mean really, think about it, is there? I contend that if there is any difference. It is a barely noticeable one....