Thursday, April 05, 2007

Of Questionable Repute

Assistant Village Manager John Berley said the move is part of an ongoing effort to keep businesses of questionable repute off of Lake Street, such as a spa that was annexed recently.

“Those kind of uses are considered undesirable by our residents and don’t project a good image,” he said.

See, government stealing property from private owners under force of arms is reputable in Addison. Having icky guns is not.

But maybe we're making incremental progress here. At least now it's "questionable". Previously, it was flat out "unwholesome and offensive."

Maybe we should Ask Mayor Hartwig if this represents a change in official position...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I currently live in a semi-rural area, and a lot of the homes in this area have backyard shooting ranges, including mine. Best I can do is 50 yards, but I'm not complaining.

Even so, I've been looking at maps of the five or six counties around me, evaluating areas that are free of government strips, national and state parks & forests, and incorporated towns.

I may have to move again if the building boom keeps going the way it is, and I'm not interested in areas full of nosy, belligerent, and litigious damn Yankees.

BobG said...

What I would like to know is why the hell anyone would want to live in that little fascist town?

Anonymous said...

Actually their property is being "stolen" per se. However, they are being forced to be part of the city. I think it is ridiculous that this is legal.

I also question why it is legal for the city to enforce an ordinance regarding what happens within 1 mile of their border.