Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Word About Fudds

I note some of the gun blogs have picked up on a complaint from the ol' Fuddmaster himself, Bill Schneider, and caution us that use of the term is not productive because it divides gun owners.

I find it curious that the objection is not to his continued use of the term "Gun Nuts." Talk about something that makes us all look bad.

Shneider has no credibility with me--foremost because he has been given incontrovertible proof on the subversive nature of AHSA, yet he continues to portray them as a legitimate alternative for gun owners to support.

Then there's his hysterical judgmentalism over the entirely self-inflicted Cooper fiasco:
Gun Lobby Attack Dogs Strike Again
What kind of people suffer no remorse when intentionally destroying one of their own, his company and his employees to make their point?
There was no organized lobbying effort, and he knows this. There was no First Amendment suppression here, and he knows this.

This was purely an exercise in fed up gun owners deciding who they wish to freely associate with. That's "what kind of people." And notice he called us "dogs."

Note also what he said about Obama:
While in Butte, America, for the Fourth of July, Barack Obama told the press, “There is not a sportsman or hunter who is in legal possession of firearms who has anything to fear from me.”

I happen to believe him. I hope most other hunters do, too, because we can make the difference on November 4.
Now I want to clarify something about the term "Fudd." It is not used by hard-liners like myself to insult anyone who participates in shooting sports or hunting or prefers shotguns over EBRs.

It is used as a reaction to "sporting use"-ONLY gun owners who throw the rest of us under the bus in the belief that their hobby will be protected, that they won't be eaten next.

Seems to me these Fudds deserve a little name-calling. There's nothing to divide--they're not on my side. They're either stupid, detached freeloaders who enjoy the protections of activism while not lifting a finger to help, conscious sell-outs, or outright enemies.

But don't worry, I'm not going to call any AHSAhole who falls in the latter category a "Fudd." In recognition of their special treachery, these wormtongued subversives deserve their own term:

Mudderfudders.

7 comments:

j said...

Anyone who said, "I happen to believe him. I hope most other hunters do, too.." has my unequivocal, if colloquial, encouragement to fudd off.
The supposed election of BamBam Obongo does, if nothing else, show that the proclamations about the dumbing down of the students of the government schools for two generations, have been proven quite valid. And the rantings of such imbeciles as the one quoted in this article, shows merely that stupidity spans all age groups.

Unknown said...

A Remington 700 in any caliber is what, 20-30 times more powerful than a handgun? Do these people think this fact is lost on the Brady Bunch? Remember, it's not about stopping crime/criminals, that much is obvious when the conditions creating both are encouraged by the state.

tjbbpgob said...

What does that term "fudd" mean? I hope I'm not one for asking.

David Codrea said...

You remember Elmer Fudd, hunting wabbits with his shotgun?

As good a definition as I've seen is here.

See #1. Although #2 is also pretty close.

tjbbpgob said...

I've got it, now I hope my feeble brain will- -

jon said...

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken.

certainly anyone who believes a politician at face value deserves democracy.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVAQOUi6ec

Anonymous said...

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one" --B.Franklin