Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hospital Gun Policy Explained

A man who was hurt in a car crash but was misidentified as a cancer patient claims security guards at Prince George's Hospital beat him up when he tried to leave the hospital to avoid chest surgery he didn't need - "to have a potentially cancerous mass removed from his chest." He adds that one guard repeatedly called him "bitch" as he roughed him up. [More]
Huh.

That must be why Prince George's Hospital wants to "change attitudes about guns and violence."

Otherwise, somebody might end up having to get surgery they do need...

"Shock Mentor," meet "Hydra-Shok Mentor"...

[Via M. Terry]

5 comments:

MamaLiberty said...

WOW! This is really hard to believe. But it does give one food for thought about the coming Obummercare. What if, instead of worrying about being on a long waiting list, you had to worry about fighting your way OUT of a hospital. Scary indeed.

Ned said...

Awesome find on the anti-gun position of the hospital, David. BTW - my father - whose a Korean war vet - was in the hospital for surgery in New Mexico. They asked him all kinds of questions, including if he keeps guns at home. He told them it was none of their damn business.

I guess that's what Obamessiah care is coming to.

The hospital didn't display a "no guns" sign, though.

Ed said...

It appears that Mr. Wheeler had an intense episode of "experiential learning".

Defender said...

Sonderhandlung fur alles!
"Special handling" for everyone!
The Sonderkommandos are already in place to smoothe and speed the operation of, as the security guy says, the "camps."
This patient-"bitch" was more patient than I'd be.
I hope to see EXECUTIVES bitch-slapped into the unemployment line, and some security drones in jail.

Sean said...

Hospitals have too long been little dictatorships as far as patient/hospital relationships go. They really do have a mentality that they own you, and that they call all the shots. I was in the hospital in May for surgery, and the prep nurse put my IV in slopily, and it fell apart. I was on pre-opp meds, high as a kite, and nearly bled out. I found it in time, put it back together, and stopped the bleeding. When I told them what I did, I got scolded about putting my own IV back together. I had of course, rung for the nurse, but it was five minutes before she showed up. You go into hospital, you're rolling the dice. And remember, the house always wins.