Thursday, August 05, 2010

Signing Off

I was just informed that Kevin Wilmeth has. So I guess I need to take his link out of my sidebar and "Round Up" announcements.

Several of the GREs have stopped writing as well.

It's the reason I ask readers to share their links when I do my "GRE Round Ups," and also for my own column announcements. Based on results, that is not a realistic expectation.

I don't know what the answer is. "We" complain about bias in the media, but when presented with viable alternatives to counter it, most will go on about their day.

Forget me. If you don't like my stuff, fine. Most will not, including many in the "gun community," and I'm used to that. But we have some real accomplished pros, like senior Gun Week editor Dave Workman, and authors like John Longenecker and Howard Nemerov (who has since moved on to Pajamas Media)...

I hope we see Kevin emerge in a better-rewarded (and supported) venue.

[Via Mama Liberty]

1 comment:

Steve in TN said...

If the reason GREs are quitting has to do with lack of hits, perhaps the platform should be examined. Examiner feeds "burp" almost daily with old posts that make using the Google reader I use very difficult. End result: I've removed all Examiner feeds from the reader and depend on other blogs such as yours to alert me to items on Examiner blogs.