Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Standing with Mike

In re this post at Sipsey Street Irregulars:

First off, there is no post on WoG where I have allowed a threat against an individual, particularly an innocent. My comment "House Rules" are posted in the left sidebar here.

In re moderating and "censorship," guilty with no apologies. I put the work into this blog. You don't like it, put the work into one of your own. My house, my rules, and unruly guests and trespassers are summarily evicted, just like in real life. I owe no one a forum, particularly people who don't hold up their end of the deal and even read my Examiner links, let alone go a step further and help me to feed my family by sharing them.

Right--the pop-ups are just too burdensome to ask anyone to endure. Thinking I wrote Kurt's article illustrates something that really grinds my gears--putting hours of labor into researching and then writing an article that substantiates all of its claims, and then having someone presume to comment on it who hasn't even read it.

In re Mike not responding in time, jeez, I guess the world revolves around you and getting everything chop-chop, doesn't it? It never enters your mind that Mike might have other priorities, including well-publicized severe health issues that may preclude his hopping right to it every time someone snaps their fingers? The automatic conclusion is it must be attributable to his character defects and feet of clay?

And in re everyone who's not satisfied that the shooting war hasn't started, seems to me the guilty party is looking back at you in the mirror -- why haven't you led the charge? Everyone has a different line in the sand that typically will not be crossed until it gets close to home. Yeah, all the readers here are going to rise up en masse at Mike's cue -- the same ones who won't send him a buck a month, or share a link or send an email.

Enough. I've got work to do. And I'm not accepting comments on this post because I don't give a damn what anybody else thinks about it.  If you don't like that, go someplace else.  No skin off my nose.