Thursday, November 14, 2013

What Better Way to Honor Those Who Served...

...than by eviscerating every principle they swore an oath to uphold? [More]

Our friends at Vermont Federation of Sportsmen Clubs continue to do great work. I feel bad, because they've sent me updates on their continuing efforts and I haven't been able to write everything up due to the need to cover other things and the fact that there's only one of me.

Cases in point: Yesterday I spent several hours on a follow-up to a story I've been covering for over a year-and-a-half, and that one won't be ready to release for at least another week--but the work needed to be done while I had a chance to focus on it. And today, I just got a response from the Assistant Chief Counsel at the Ohio governor's office about another exclusive, and will be spending the later afternoon and evening doing mundane data compilation in order to make that story happen. And I could cite a dozen other directions I'm being pulled on any given day.

While what VFSC is doing is limited in actual impact to their state, what they're protecting against is a threat to gun owners who live in any state where firearms preemption prohibits patchwork quilts by municipalities.  That's why I encourage everyone to bookmark their blog and keep up on their actions, to stay informed, to learn, and to help be on guard where you live.

I wish I could do more -- for them, and for dozens of others. But I suppose I'd better get some lunch first, and see how many more dozens of emails and social media messages have built up in the interim...

No comments: