Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Hoplogophobia

The expressions “silver bullet,” “pull the trigger,” “shoot from the hip” and “under the gun” are used in everyday language across our campus, and commonly even by those in leadership positions. I hear these and similar terms at least once a week, if not once a day. It always makes me cringe. [More]
My, aren't you just a fragile thing.

I think I just coined a new term for fear of words about weapons, thanks to this cringing dweeb. If a contraction of hoplo and logo is not allowed, it would be hoplologophobia, but I think the shorter version sounds better.

Where do they get these psychically crippled academics from? Hey, whatever you do, don't tell him what Virginia Tech filed his portrait as.

[Via Mack H]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm from the Roanoke area. I dont think this shitweasel is from around these parts. Wishing him & his carpetbagging friends would go the hell home before he gives us a bad name. A Dean? Of a real college? I though it that took actual real thinking skills to get that high up in academia. You sir, sound a lot like an acronym for Cant Understand Normal Things.

Mack said...

Paul M. Winistorfer is a Dean at Virginia Tech.

Yes, he's real:
https://www.cnre.vt.edu/faculty/winistorfer/index.html

Anonymous said...

Gotta get rid of that pesky FIRST Amendment!

It is soooo outdated ...

Ma Duce

Steve said...

David, you should have included a trigger warning for incredibly stupid, or immense asininity. Hey, if you can make up words...

The Infamous Oregon Lawhobbit said...

It does my heart good to see that the Eloi Breeding Program is continuing apace.