Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Virtual Snipe Hunt

All you need is someone with an unknown motive and a privately-registered website that masks identity to spread hysterical disinformation, such as:


I see "protocol" is misspelled in the scroll. Next you're going to be telling me "Fox News the FB" isn't actually affiliated in any way with Fox News. Funny -- no notice that it's a satire site.

So Obama signed the EO on Friday?

Where?

And how come if I do an image search, this is the primary return, and it's got the same file name as the doctored "Fox News the FB" image?


I bring this up because I see 826 comments under the article so far. That's 826 people distracted from doing something productive and effective, and apparently most are gullible enough to swallow whatever false meme some liar of unknown identity and intent wishes to plant, and then leap to conclusions and spread the disinformation further.

That would be the 19.5K "shares"...

Meanwhile, I see real stories of importance, brought to us by people who work laboriously and painstakingly to expose vital truths, ignored by the media and unnoticed by reactionary snipe hunters who are oblivious to real threats.

And there's another danger, that some misinformed dupe is going to take action.

Yeah, I know, the first image is the real one, the second is what they want you to believe, and I'm the disinfo spreader.

Weird.  I just imagined I heard the devil laughing.

No comments: