Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Rendering Unto Caesar


Bear has some suggestions for sending more than demanded and then some. [More]

If I had a "bump stock" (say, something I had no use for until being told I couldn't have one and got just to establish standing  -- and that's a big "if"), my inclination along with filing a lawsuit would be to follow the #IWillNotComply paradigm.

If I were inclined to surrender my property, I might be inclined to turn it over to another government agency first, my local federal collection center, addressed to ATF (c/o 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.?) and marked "POSTAGE DUE -- CONTAINS BUMP STOCK" and let them deal with the additional uncompensated expense:


Maybe I'd even do it wearing a large hat and sunglasses, or a disguise, just in case that's frowned upon through regulations.

Then again, I like my first inclination better. If I had a bump stock...

1 comment:

Pat H. said...

Perhaps if one made something out of plastic that "sort of" worked like a bumpstockj, one would be clear of any accusations of fraud, or something.

Since I'm "over 70" at ten year prison sentence would amount to close to, or actual, death sentence so my response to any agent attempting to confiscation would be a very harsh, NO.