Wednesday, November 13, 2019

The Other Three Percent

The 39-year-old is now one of America’s firearms super-owners – part of the 3% of American adults who collectively own 130m firearms, half of the nation’s total stock of civilian guns. [More]
I don't believe there's a way they can actually know that. It looks to me like this is being propagated to spread the meme that there really aren't that many gun owners so more disarmament edicts will breeze on through.

I do wonder how many "super owners" are "super advocates."

[Via Dave Licht]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it only takes 17 guns to be a "Super-Owner". I never thought of myself as such, but apparently practically everyone I regularly associate with is a "Super-Owner"...or the whole story is bullshit. Yeah, I think option 2 sounds more likely.

Anonymous said...

Funny, everyone I know is really into canoeing, although they seem to have bad luck when bringing theur "Super-Collection" along...

vintovka said...

If all it takes is 17 guns to be a "super owner" then I've been a super owner since before the term was invented, at least 25 years. And I love to take my collection along when canoeing.

DDS said...

I don't remember ever counting mine or if I did I don't remember the total I came up with. It never really seemed important. When asked I just fell back on the cliche "more than I need but not as many as I want."

Which bit me on the butt when, after a suitable amount of "suggesting" by the wife, I bought a gun safe and found they wouldn't all fit!

Anonymous said...

Re; super advocates............AT LEAST 2

Anonymous said...

Recently remodeled the office.

My partner laughed when I pulled 41 guns out of my office. And for two weeks we kept finding more here and there.

none of these guns has ever committed a crime and I see no signs that they have been planning an escape or that they are up to anything.

But I’m watching.