Friday, December 20, 2019

Red Flagged


My malicious reputation precedes me. Looks like Virginia county libraries don't want patrons wandering into my rooms of disrepute.

I'm calling shenanigans. I run both Webroot and Malwarebytes.

It turns out I'm blacklisted by McAfee.  Funny, no one else has a problem with me:

S'cuse me a minute:
I'll letcha know what they say.

My device is also coming up clean. McAfee came with a free trial on my new computer and I uninstalled it because I've had it before and wasn't impressed with the results, and am happy with what I already subscribe to. I'm wondering if doing that launched a "Jilted -- We'll red flag HIM" app.

I suspect this is only coming from locations that offer free public access from their own computers, and perhaps have security set to "Anal." I'd think of all the people who come here someone else would have said something, but that said, please let me know if you get any warnings.

[Via Mack H]

UPDATE: Might "false positives" be the problem? There's a NICS lesson in there somewhere...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I use Trend Micro and have never had any warnings associated with your site.

Henry said...

Maybe it’s just because the people who read your blog don’t see this message because they are productive enough to own their own computers, and don’t have to rely on government largesse for their Internet access.

JT said...

I ran into that problem a while back, with my ISP cancelling my accounts without notifying me. Ran round and round getting reinstated each time. Then took a closer look and changed my domain identifier several times. Then I checked the spam status of that identifier before sending any email. Each time the new domain identifier from my ISP came pre-registered as creating spam and banned by several of the companies that monitor such things.
Could that apply in your case?

Mack said...

David,

I'm at a different location this morning.

Remember when you demoted Drudge and promoted Dan Bongino?
Well, when I first tried it:

https://bonginoreport.com/

Same problem is you: HIGH RISK.

Several weeks later, it's okay.

Same problem John Solomon Reports:

https://johnsolomonreports.com/

That too is okay, but it took several weeks.

I have never seen this problem with any 'progressive' blog site.

Coincidence?

Anonymous said...

This is similar to the HTTPS everywhere push - its a scam to increase sales. You can pay to be pre-approved if you want...

Anonymous said...

This isnt helpful but its always nice to know your tyrants... Intel owns McAfee so good luck with getting anywhere.