Tuesday, March 24, 2020

The Gift that Keeps on Giving

Fast and Furious: The Government Lied and People Died [Watch]
Among the guests is Wesley Felix, whose uncle's dilemma with ATF I wrote about here.

I do have a few concerns this raises that I need to reiterate:

Fast and Furious was not "totally botched" unless you consider getting caught the botched part. ATF could not have screwed up on tracking the guns because they never tried to track them to the buyers. Once they crossed over the border, the only way to find out what happened to them would be to find them at crime scenes, where they could then be used, along with the predictable dead bodies, to "pad statistics."

Fast and Furious was the name assigned to the Phoenix operation. Yes, there were other gun operations, many taking place under the Project Gunrunner banner, but to refer to them all as "Fast and Furious" is simply not accurate. I have covered the earlier Wide ReceiverCastaway, and operations in places as diverse as Milwaukee, Wichita, Portland...

I followed false leads and found some that weren't, but the sources were too afraid to talk.

My bottom line: All I can "vouch" for on Fast and Furious is what Mike and I reported. I'm aware there are other "theories," including about cartel deals and those relying on the testimony of criminals trying to mitigate their punishments -- I'm not discounting any of the reports, but merely saying anything  I haven't worked on is outside the scope of what I have found and been told by vetted sources that have been proven credible to me.

I'm still trying to uncover facts that the government is reluctant to give up, disappointing in light of the way the Trump administration made promises it has never kept. My suspicion is no headway will be made unless and until there is a solid Republican majority, and even then I have to note that they didn't really hold anyone accountable when they had the House and the Senate, and the executive branch has done nothing but obstruct.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see your commentary. Too bad the Trump admin hasn't helped with this issue, but it seems most of his staff do not like him and are the very definition of swamp creatures. So I guess we shouldn't be surprised that things that would undermine DC aren't being pursued. Heck, his appointees often don't even listen to him on the important issues of immigration, foreign policy, and investigating the various agencies like the fbi and cia for their roles in trying to bring him down.