Friday, May 15, 2020

Rope-Selling Capitalists

The left dominates the shareholder proposal space, annually filing 95 percent of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) proposals. With 400 to 500 ESG proposals filed per year, that’s a lot of opportunities to influence corporate behavior. Compounding this is the fact that the organizations that advise investors on how to vote for these ballot initiatives have become fully “woke.”  [More]
And if any balk at advancing the collectivist agenda, let the smearing and extortion begin!

[Via Felix B]

1 comment:

Henry said...

Thank you, David, this was a true public service. For years, as a "small non-institutional investor," I've been discarding my proxies on the advice of the financial press. No more. I'm tired of the "Little Sisters of the Bay of Pigs" drawing blood from the heels of American commerce. I assumed that their win at a recent S&W meeting was due in part to S&W's own historical squishiness, but I'm no longer acting on that assumption. Death to the proposals of granola gadflies. (Except for my position in Amazon, for which I sincerely believe that Bezos and his Board should be forced to adopt all the positions espoused by Bezos' own Washington Post, as long as he's still at the helm.)