Friday, May 15, 2020

Reconstructing the Past

He stopped by a property under construction where he engaged in no illegal activity and remained for only a brief period.” [More]
This is one of my problems with this and another reason I haven't jumped on a bandwagon. When I was a child the tract we lived in was just starting to be developed-- our road wasn't even paved yet and ours was the first one on our end of it. Over the next few years, dozens of houses were built, and most sites weren't fenced off because people who lived there weren't the types to steal building materials or to sue over their children getting hurt while exploring -- which we regularly did.  One neighbor kid was a hero of sorts because he could jump from the top of a dirt pile all the way into the basement excavation, something I never dared try.

We just used to be fascinated walking through and playing in the structures as they went up and were developed and finished. I can still recall the smell of wood, of poured concrete... And somebody yelling at us to get out of there because we might get hurt was a rarity.

Nowadays, such construction is typically behind a chain-link fence that is locked at the end of the workday, so any unauthorized presence is clearly an act of trespassing. I confess if I saw a site being built today that was not fenced off, I'd be tempted to go in and look around, albeit I'd make sure to be obvious to minimize the impression that I was sneaking.

Has anyone seen any reports on whether the site was fenced off?

[Via bondmen]

4 comments:

Carl "Bear" Bussjaeger said...

I've seen video. Not fenced off, and the building was still open.

Bill said...

I saw one video taken from (I think) across the street. No fence or locked barriers of any kind. Just open. it showed him walk in, look around, and leave. just curious, by the look of it.

Anonymous said...

Colion Noir has done an in depth analysis of the incident, including the Georgia laws that would apply. https://youtu.be/yr-HMjlr1sU
The amount of hypocrisy coming from the "right" and gun owners about this situation is staggering. After relentlessly criticizing the "left" for engaging in feelings over facts, they are now doing the exact same thing in defending the McMichaels.

Pat H. said...

This is an excellent account of the burgeoning race hoax.

https://vdare.com/articles/faith-goldy-black-lies-don-t-count-and-white-lives-don-t-matter?scroll_to_paragraph=7