Friday, July 30, 2021

Another Fine Mess They've Gotten Us Into

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte defended his refusal to confront China over Beijing's seizure and fortification of his country's islets in the South China Sea ... But Duterte has a hole card: a U.S. guarantee to fight China, should he stumble into war with China. [More]

I'm sure the thought of Thoroughly Modern Milley being "the guy with the guns" fills the Chicoms with shock and awe.

But therein lies the problem.  Look at citizen disarmament edicts in the Philippines, and especially in Taiwan.

What did our Founders consider "necessary to the security of a free State"? Plus, why should "we" fight for people who won't fight for themselves, and especially at the order of a puppet Dotard-in-Chief (it's not like Congress would strap them on and declare war so that they as individuals could be held accountable for the results) who will only allow you arms if you're in his service?

Then recall Washington's admonition about "foreign entanglements."

It boils down to this: Would I be willing to die for this? Would I be willing for my sons to die? If my answer is "No," then I can't very well favor sending you or your sons to die in my place.

Well, I can, but that would make me one of "them."

Those who have undermined "America First" for their own greed and lust, including those who foolishly "vote" for the political avatars they bankroll, will make sure plenty do. And they'll be the ones to capitulate and try to switch sides when it's their precious hindquarters on the line because of how badly they have weakened the Republic.

"Peace through strength" is more than just a slogan.

So is "We will not disarm."

No comments: