Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Catch of the Day

 Fisherman finds weighted down gun in Fort De Soto - Christopher Sacco, 35, took the weapon to the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office. [More]

I guess I'd have felt an obligation to do the same on the off-chance prints or other evidence might help identify and remove a dangerous threat to my countrymen, but I think I'd also want to start the clock on 705.104(1):

"Title to lost or abandoned property is hereby vested in the finder upon the expiration of the 90-day custodial time period specified in s. 705.103(2)(b), provided the notice requirements of s. 705.103 have been met, unless the rightful owner or a lienholder claims the property within that time."

[Via Remarks]

2 comments:

Ed said...

What bait for that?

Henry said...

What kind of a goon ties a rock to a gun so it will sink? Was he afraid it would rise back up from decomposition gases? If it wasn't for the cord and the grocery bag, it would probably still be down there.