Monday, December 06, 2021

Coiled to Strike

The world’s first handheld Gauss Rifle – (alpha) batch 2 [More]

I suppose if I were rich and wanted it for fun and for the collection...

What do the rules say? They don't? Well, we'll fix that!

Seems a bit unwieldy for defensive use and I haven't seen performance specs to see how it does against conventional rifles. I sure wouldn't want to drop it in the mud. Anybody know if it's safe for people with pacemakers, or if it would be covered by PLCAA?

I don't mean to put it down and expect to see many more developments, along these lines and along the lines of energy weapons. The question is, will they be denied to "We the People" and if so, what will that mean?

[Via GP]

1 comment:

Bill in ILL said...

I looked it up and it is, frankly, quite disappointing. Muzzle velocity of 246 feet per and muzzle energy of 62.7 Foot pounds. The performance of this "rifle" is below your average arrow from your average compound bow.