Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Detecting Winnipeg's Nightlife

While many nightclubs in Winnipeg already require patrons to pass through metal detectors, the provincial government is looking at the possibility of forcing certain types of bars to install the devices.

Right--and then they can be held liable and sued out of existence at the first failure.

I mean, we see how well security checkpoints work when staffed by highly professional trained "Only Ones". Yeah, I'd expect frickin' bouncers to do about that well.

1 comment:

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

It's probably a good thing that I don't see myself trying to make the Winnnipeg club scene--my pelvis is bolted, pinned, screwed, and wired together with enough steel to make a metal detector think I'm bringing in a belt-fed machine gun.

The wheelchair is obviously metallic, as well.

Or maybe that's the perfect cover for weapons smuggling. . .