Thursday, April 19, 2012

Jamilah's Syllogism

I'm trying to figure this out here...[Read]

If her major premise is that people with guns result in more murders...

And if the NRA, one of the most heavily-armed citizen populations on the planet, brought tens of thousands of members and supporters into the mix and not a single murder occurred because of them...

I can't get this to work.

But then again, this is a logician who calls bringing millions of dollars into the local economy "contemptuous."

3 comments:

Carl-Bear said...

Bah. stltoday.com is the Saint Louis Post-Dispatch, the rabidly anti-gun paper I've mentioned recently (altered my pro-RKBA letter into unrecognizable anti-RKBA crap).

Robert Fowler said...

Carl, I can't seem to find your LTE. Got a link or date?

Carl-Bear said...

The LTE, which I mentioned recently in response to the LTE contest, was back in the '90s. I don't think the P-D had any kind of Internet presence back then. Maybe they've archived old stuff online, though: look for "Carl Bussjaeger".

I brought it up again on this post just to illustrate that the P-D isn't worth bothering with due to a very longstanding and permanent hatred of any rights beyond the First Amendment.