Monday, August 12, 2013

Deterrence

Former U.S. Navy SEAL Dom Raso explains how guns can keep people safe without ever being fired. [Watch]
I guess  it all depends on who you find more credible on the issue of appropriate responses to an attack:  A guy who qualified to be part of one of the most elite trained warrior cadres in the world, or a Bloomberg spokesflack who says you should ward off a club-wielding attacker with your fists.

Let's see, if I go with the guy who knows what he's talking about, there's every chance the deterrent effect will make escalation unnecessary, whereas if I listen to ...uh...what are his qualifications and credentials to offer an informed opinion on this again?... well, anyway, if I listen to him, the odds are I'll get bludgeoned to death.

Hmmm ... this is a real stumper ...

1 comment:

Robert Fowler said...

After a violent attack, I started carrying a gun. In the 38 years since, I've drawn it once, and never fired a shot outside of hunting or range time. I also tend to stay away from places where I might be a target. Places like Chicago or NYC. I've been to both and have no reason to go back. 2146 farmaws