Friday, December 04, 2015

Crazy, Man

Prior to any firearm purchase in this state, a prospective firearm purchaser shall, at least seventy-two hours prior to the initial request to purchase a firearm from a licensed firearm dealer located at least one hundred twenty miles from such purchaser's legal residence, confer and discuss with a licensed physician the indicators and contraindicators and risk factors, including any physical, psychological, or situational factors, that may arise with the proposed firearm purchase. [More]
I'm sorry, I should have said crazy woman.

There's just not enough time in the day to elaborate on everything I'd like to explore in more depth.  Maybe I'll get back to this one later,but the way things are going, and since I'm told this bill will go nowhere, I kind of doubt it.

[Via Rich S]

8 comments:

george pace said...

I thought that bill had to be some kind of trolling. Nobody in their right mind would introduce such a preposterous law, would they? I guess it's no joke, but it IS a joke. A very very bad joke. Note that you can't just visit the emergency room between 10PM and 6AM, but it has to be during those hours "when gun violence victims are present". I guess they call you and tell you it's time for your visit. "Okay, uh huh, I see that thug with the bullet wound. Now can I buy a gun? Thanks."

Steve said...

Oh, great, my state.

Anonymous said...

It is womens' right to Kill the unborn!

Those of our political opponents who escape this fate MUST be disarmed so that they too can be more easily Killed ...

Just reading between the lines ...

Ma Duce

Jerry The Geek said...

This is the most inane article of legislation I've seen in a while.

Shouldn't state political candidates be subjected to the same kind of arbitrary tests of sanity before they're allowed to run for office?

If it saves just one child from their heads spontaneously combusting!

Roger J said...

This bill shows the illusory world its proponents live in. Who would go through all this BS (meeting with families of victims of violence, etc.) to buy a gun? I think it is doubtful that the bill will become law, but if it does it will shut down lawful commerce in firearms in Missouri, and drive purchasers to private sales or out-of-state dealers. (Maybe that's the idea.) I think the bill is a political statement, but if it is actually intended as legislation it is a remarkably inept document that truly shows the "camel in the tent."

Roger J said...

My lady friend suggested that the provisions of the bill mimic legislation that has been introduced in some states requiring counseling and viewing graphic images before an abortion is performed. She believes that the bill was created to make a political point, not in the expectation it will become law. I think this is a good point, I'd just remind progressives that there are many libertarians who are both pro-gun and pro-choice. One viewpoint does not exclude the other.

Ned said...

Maybe they need to pass a law indicating how many bong hits and whiskey shots they did before writing proposed legislation...

Mike_MSO said...

Folks, it is an "inside" joke. The requirements mimic those in use or proposed to limit a woman's right to choose an abortion.

I guess that you just have to be here.